In this article, we’re going to break down the process of cleaning your oven in two extremely simple steps. Firstly, we’ll go through the actual oven, and secondly, we’ll go through the oven’s window. We prefer utilising natural agents when cleaning ovens, simply because we cook our food in them.
The requirements are:
- Baking Soda & Vinegar
- A spray bottle
- A small bowl
- A rag
Cleaning the oven
- Remove all racks from the oven
- Create the cleaning solution by mixing a few tablespoons of baking soda and water into a bowl. You need to ensure the mixture results in a paste-like consistency.
- Smother the inside of the oven with the paste
- Let it sit over-night for around 12 hours. It will slowly break down the grime.
- The next day, or following 12~ hours, wipe down as much of the paste as possible with a wet rag.
- Fill your spray bottle up with some vinegar and use this to clean any remaining baking soda from the oven.
- Wipe the oven again with a wet rag, removing all of the baking soda.
- Re-insert the racks
- To dry the oven, turn it on at a low temperature for a minimum of 25 minutes.
- Cover the oven window with the baking soda paste
- Leave it for an hour
- Wipe down the window with a clean, wet rag
- To clean the oven racks, smother all the racks in the paste solution and let them sit in the sink overnight.
- Clean them the next day with an oven scourer.
- Clean any remaining residue with a repeat process